top of page

Skilled-Recognised Graduate Visa
Subclass 476

Who Can Apply For a Skilled-Recognised Graduate Visa?

You can apply for a Skilled-Recognised Graduate Visa (subclass 476) if you have completed an engineering degree at a recognized/specified institution in the past 24 months and wish to travel to Australia to gain work experience or bolster your educational qualifications.


Main Benefits of This Visa

After you are granted this visa, you:

  1. Can travel to Australia to work and/or study for up to 18 months

    • (you cannot apply for the same visa to extend your stay in Australia)

  2. Can bring your immediate family members with you

  3. Can apply (via ImmiAccount) for your immediate family members as subsequent entrants.

  4. Travel to and from Australia as frequently as you want as long as your visa is in effect.


What Do You Need To Qualify For This Visa?

  • You must be under 31 years of age

  • You must have completed an engineering degree (e.g., bachelor's, master's, postgraduate diploma, or doctoral degree) at a specified educational institution that is accredited under the Washington Accord or otherwise specified within 24 months (of lodging your visa application)

  • You must either satisfy the English Language Proficiency requirement (e.g., an overall score of at least 6 bands with a minimum score of 5 for each of the 4 modules of IELTS) or hold a passport from any of the following countries:

    • The United Kingdom

    • The United States

    • Canada

    • New Zealand

    • Republic of Ireland

  • You must not have been granted a Skilled-Recognised Graduate (subclass 476) visa as a Primary applicant in the past.

  • You must not have been granted a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa as a primary applicant in the past.

  • You must be able to meet the health and character criteria for this visa.

  • You (and any other secondary applicants) must be outside Australia at the time of grant.

    • However, if you are a New Zealand citizen holding a Special Category (subclass 444) visa, you can:

      • Lodge your application in Australia; and

      • Be granted a Bridging Visa to remain in Australia as long as the Department of Home Affairs assesses your application.

  • You do not owe any money to the Australian government or have made arrangements to pay it back.

  • You Immigration history is such that it does not prevent you from securing this visa.


Practical Tips

  • You can apply for this visa while you are in Australia or outside. However, if you apply for this visa while in Australia, you will not be granted a Bridging visa to remain onshore.

  • If you held a subclass 485 or subclass 476 visa as a Secondary applicant in the past, then it does not prevent you from lodging your subclass 476 visa as a Primary applicant.

  • No skills assessment is required to apply for a subclass 476 visa.

  • You must have physically attended the specified/accredited university where you completed the recognized engineering degree.

Cost of This Visa

From AUD 425 (for Primary applicant)

See Our Blog(s) On This Visa To Learn More

  • Search “Skilled-Recognised Graduate Visa” on our Blogs Page


Should you wish to discuss your circumstances and options with us, please click on contact us from the main menu.


Warning! Please note that Australian immigration laws and policies are highly complex and dynamic. Therefore, no information provided on this website in relation to Australian immigration laws and policies (or on any other matter) is comprehensive and intended to be legal advice. Failure to receive professional advice - tailored to your specific circumstances - may prove costly to you in many respects. Please see our Terms and Conditions.

bottom of page